Monday, August 15, 2016

Dragons of the Sunset Kingdoms - a #GoTMondays tease

This week's #GoTMondays is only a preview for next week's full post. I started researching the dragons of Westeros, but as I was about to start writing I kept finding more information. So, long story short, I need to do some more reading. I'm not complaining, I love it. So forgive me for teasing, but I want to give you the most accurate information that I can. So real quick, here's a little bit about what I want to talk about next week.

THE DANCE OF DRAGONS is a major civil war in Westerosi history, during which most of the dragons left in the world died. The story of the Dance of Dragons, written by George R.R. Martin himself, of The Princess and the Queen, Or, the Blacks and the Greens can be found in Dangerous Women a collection of short stories by Martin and other authors. I have not yet read the Dance of Dragons, so that's yet another reason not to do a full post today. It's only a short story, so I'll finish in the next few days.

To tease the post a little more:

There were 2 factions of dragons involved in the Dance of Dragons.

King Aegon II's Dragons - Sunfyre, Vhagar, Dreamfyre, Tessarion, Morghul, Shrykos.

Queen Rhaenyra's Dragons - Syrax, Caraxes, Vermax, Arrax, Tyraxes, Stormcloud, Meleys, Moondancer, Silverwing, Seasmoke, Vermithor, Sheepstealer, and Grey Ghost.

There were also wild dragons, and rumors of ICE DRAGONS north of Essos in the Shimmering Sea!



And of course there's Daenarys Targaryen, the Mother of Dragons. Her dragons, Drogo, Rhaegal, and Viserion are the first dragons (and Targaryen controlled dragons) seen in the world in 145 years!



Lastly I'll leave you with I can't wait to tell you about. Balerion, aka the Black Dread!
I'll be back next week with the full post, until then stay tuned for some more Super-team breakdowns for the upcoming Super Team Tournament (tentative title). First round matches will be discussed in the next episode of the The Good Shit Podcast, now available on soundcloud.com (actual profile page)

Balerion and I will see you next week in #GoTMondays!


No comments:

Post a Comment