Friday, January 6, 2017

Don't you DARE BRING BACK WOLVERINE!

A friend asked me if I would go back to buying Marvel comics if they brought back the 616 Wolverine.

I answered by saying that if Marvel did that this year, I'd punch somebody.

Marvel killed my all-time favorite character (my collection of his entire life is nearly complete) 2 years ago and they've kept him dead.

In order to re-invent the character a bit, they brought in a different version of him from another reality. Comic fans know who I mean. He's the older Wolverine from the Old Man Logan mini-series. Decent idea, and I bought into it for the firs 12 issues or so and then lost interest as they were just putting Old Wolverine into old storylines. Yes, he faced some of my favorites of his rogues, but it wasn't enough to keep me interested.

The ultimate problem with Wolverine is that writers didn't know what to do with him anymore. After his past was revealed and his mysteries cleared up, he just became every hero's friend and joined a bunch of teams. Well...really just the X-Men and the Avengers. While I kind of enjoyed the stories he was involved in during this time, there was definitely something missing that had made me love him in the 80's and 90's.

I have this sneaking suspicion that Marvel has plans to bring him back this year. Comic fans know that his return is inevitable, I just hope (seriously, with fingers crossed) that they wait just a little longer and then bring him back in a great way.

Sigh...we'll just have to wait and see.

Anyone else have some complaints about current comic runs? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment