Thursday, December 29, 2016

ROGUE ONE REVIEW!!! Spoiler Free!

I just got home from FINALLY seeing Rogue One! I LOVED it! Here is why it is great:

1. It's a perfect movie to introduce the new Star Wars Extended Universe. We see all different kinds of aliens, new planets that we've never seen before or ones that we've heard of but haven't gotten that great of a look at, awesome Imperial characters and bad ass Rebel characters, introduces some really interesting and awesome new characters, and (something I was hoping to see) shows Darth Vader to be the total terrifying bad ass that he is.

2. It fits seamlessly into the time line. I won't go into detail here because it would ruin certain parts, so I'll just say that if you're curious to see how it fits before Episode IV: A New Hope, the reveal will leave you very satisfied.

3. It's definitely a "Star Wars Story", and by that I mean that it doesn't even try to develop a mini-franchise with sequels or prequels. There is a solid end to this story and it is excellent. Also, it's a different kind of movie than the other Star Wars films.

4. It answers questions that some of us have had for most of our lives.

5. The action is incredible. It's some of the best I have ever seen in a Star Wars movie, with all of our favorite Star Wars vehicles, minus the Millennium Falcon.

6. The story is solid. The movie starts slowly, but it's interesting and gets you into the story well enough so that when the action hits, it really means something. I found myself gasping several times throughout the movie. The characters are great and I found myself really rooting for the good guys.

7. The score! I love Michael Giacchino, and to hear him do a variation of John Williams score was just fantastic. He took a beloved melody and made it his own. At no point did I feel like he ripped off John Williams, but I could clearly hear the inspiration behind his composing. Just wonderful.

8. VADER! Holy shit! I won't go into detail, cause I really don't want to spoil anything for those that haven't seen it yet. But I will say that it was the BEST VADER SCENE EVER and left me wanting more!

9. Donnie Yen! Ip Man himself is, again, a total bad ass! He plays one of the Guardians of the Wills, which makes his character even cooler! He's also given me a new mantra to say to myself,

"I am one with the Force. The Force is with me."

Seriously if you don't know who Donnie Yen is then you are missing out! Check out the Ip Man movies on Netflix to see what I mean!

10. It made me excited for more Star Wars movies, including more spin-offs! Next up is the young Han Solo movie, which will most likely tell the story of how he won the Millennium Falcon, or perhaps even tell us about how Chewie owes Han a life debt.

These are just 10 reasons I loved the movie, I'm sure I missed a bunch of things that also made me feel this way, but 10 reasons is definitely something worth sneezing over!

If you were on the fence about seeing this movie, I don't know why you would be, then take my word for it that this movie is a MUST SEE! I can't wait til I can own it and see it again and again and pour over the many easter eggs throughout.

Go see it! Happy New Year! I'll be back in 2017 with more Game of Thrones episode investigations, more Friday Night Fights, more Scouting Reports for the Super Hero Team Tournament, and reviews for all the Comic Book Movies due out in 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment